Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good News and Bad News

The good news is we got our completed homestudy!!!!! Less that two weeks from the visit, and we have it in our hot little hands. Now we can really get moving.

The bad news is, we got our I-600A application back rejected. They rejected us for 2 reasons. The first is our own stupidity. We forgot to sign the application!!! How crazy is that we need to really double check our stuff before we send it in. The second reason we were rejected is because of their stupidity. They said we didn't pay enough money.

Here is the break down. The filing fee is $670 for the I-600A application. Then you also have to submit $80 per person over the age of 18 living in your home to be fingerprinted. There are two of us which equals $160. Now please tell me if my math is wrong, but

670
+160
-----
$830

That is the amount that we sent them, but they say it is wrong. I have scoured the website looking for an additional fee that maybe we missed or something, because I do not want to spend another $20 sending it back again if they make the same mistake again, but I have not found some extra fee. Please tell me if I was wrong. Hopefully the person who added it up just couldn't add. That is sad though that a government worker can't do math. It is bad enough that we forgot to sign our application!!!

So long for now.

Randy, Denise, and Camden

1 comment:

  1. I double checked our canceled checks...paid $830. Ahh...the efficiency of US gov. offices. Congrats on getting your homestudy though!

    ReplyDelete