Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 25, 2012

One of those days....

Ever have one of those days that you just wonder why you got out of bed?  Yesterday was one of those days.  The morning went great, but in the afternoon it started going down hill.  While eating tacos for dinner I spilled taco meat on my favorite T-shirt and the jacket I was wearing.  Since we keep our house so cool during the winter, I usually wear a jersey jacket in the house.  So I went to go wash the two items.  I threw the items in the washer and went about my business.  About 45 minutes later I walk by the laundry room and hear thunk, thunk, thunk.  We have one of those HE washers, so it moves like a dryer.  I was trying to think what I put in the washer that would be that heavy.  Then it dawned on me, I didn't clean out my pockets of my jacket.  Guess what was in the pocket.

Yep, you guessed it.  My phone.  My heart just sank, it was not good.  I pulled it out and took it apart, and yeah, it is not salvageable.  Now we don't have a land line so cell phones are our only form of communication and Randy was at work.  So I sent him a quick FB message, and started searching the house for our old phones that we let the kids play with.  Luckily I found one and I am going to Sprint this morning to activate it.  Then Randy comes home this morning and the 1990 truck that he has been driving for the past 4 years has been acting up on him badly.  We don't think it is going to last much longer.  We are going to replace it when we get our tax return back, just praying it lasts until then.  Not to mention that we have been putting off $400 worth of work on my car for the past month.  Please pray that the car makes it.  We really can't have it quit on us right now!

1 comment:

  1. hate days like that. especially when the stress seems to revolve around money, ugh. good luck!

    ReplyDelete