Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 6, 2012

Little bit of this, little bit of that...

Today we went back up to Children's Mercy for her hearing test.  She did great during this visit.  No crying, no whining, all was good.  She is not responding as well as they would like in her right ear, so we have to go back in 6 months for another test.  She did pass, but just slow responses on her right side. 

Veggies, we love green beans, etc, but we are now trying to learn to like carrots.  Yeah, she doesn't like them so much.  If they are mixed in food she eats them because she doesn't take the time to pick the carrots out, but just giving her a raw carrot is a little more difficult.  So what I have been doing is putting her in her high chair, and giving her the carrots, and then going to make her meal.  Usually by the time I get her meal ready, the carrots are gone.  If not I set her plate on the table so she can see it, and the carrots disappear quickly after that! 

I finally have a child who like PB&J!  Wahoo!  I can't get Camden to eat sandwiches period, so I thought I would try with Dasha.  She loves them!  Wahoo!

Sleeping, we are great in that department now.  I have even removed the nightlight, no issues at all.  I play music at night still, but I have always played music for Camden.  Classical, hopefully they will learn to appreciate classical music through osmosis! 

Behavior, overall is pretty good.  Except for Sundays.  Every Sunday is the same, horrible fits after her staying in the nursery.  I am usually on my own, so if I want to enjoy church, the nursery is the answer.  She is great for them, but is pretty horrible for me the rest of the day.  Oh well, I guess one day a week isn't too bad. 

Randy's work, he is on day 4 of a 5 day in a row work stint.  Which means the kids don't see him at all for 5 days straight.  This is the last one until the middle of March though, so hopefully we can continue this new trend when he sets up his next work schedule for the hospital.  5 days in a row is really hard on me, I am just exhausted by the end of the 5 days.  I give ultimate credit to single moms and to military moms.  I don't know how they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment