Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's all coming together

We are almost there, the best part is, when we got back from picking Camden up from school I check our bank acct. online and FedEx had debited our account which means our visas are on their way back to KC.  Yesterday I went to go pick up our money, and they assured me that all the money was good.  I took their word on it.  Never again.  When I got home I went through it all. Our agency stated that we had to have money printed after the year 2000 and no stamps, writing, marks etc on it.  Well when I went through it, 1 bill was printed in 1996, and 6 bills had little smiley faces stamped on the back of them.

So today after Randy and I dropped off Camden at school we went to a different branch and exchanged out our bad bills and also got a medical Power of Attorney signed for my mom since she is taking Camden next week.  Then we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and bought a backpack laptop carrier to put the laptop in.  I also have room to put the camera and video camera in it.  So no camera bag to lug around.  Then we went and picked up a money belt and electric converter from Trisha from Adventures!  Thanks again.  We also went to Wal-Mart and got all our travel size everything we need.  I did forget the Tylenol PM though.  I will need that, since we will be traveling SOOOOO much, I don't sleep well if I am not in a bed.  Planes, trains and cars, forget about it.  I have to be drugged to sleep. 

It is all falling into place, now I just need to figure out what I am taking!  I am a last minute packer, and so is Randy, we will probably be packing at Midnight Saturday for our Sunday A.M. flight. :-)

2 comments:

  1. So excited to follow along and jealous that you and Trisha live close enough to meet up! Too bad there's that whole state of MO in between us.

    Safe travels to you!

    P.S. They make OTC pills that have the P.M. without the Tylenol :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Trisha is amazing! That there is a good luck converter! I used it on my trip as well :-) Works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete