Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 21, 2011

Fun Times in St. Louis

While I have no pictures, Randy took the camera with him to Daytona, my sister promised to make me copies of the pictures she took, we had an awesome time in St. Louis.  Friday my mom and I went to Jefferson City, to meet my sister and her boys.  Then Saturday morning we hit the road.  We went to the Big Foot museum, which was a little disappointing, they were having a monster truck show in downtown St. Louis so all the monster trucks were there, but we did get to see two.  Camden didn't care though, he found a Big Foot toy inside, picked it up and took it to the cashier, I guess this was my cue to dig out my wallet?

From there we went to Magic House.  This place was AWESOME!!! When you walk in there are two buildings, the Red building and the purple building.  We went to the red first, not age appropriate for Camden at all.  Way over his head.  But my nephews liked it.  Next we went to the purple building.  Jackpot!  Camden had a blast!  We were there for about 4 hours and I think they would of stayed longer, but they were getting close to closing time.  So off to the hotel we went.  Got checked in and the boys saw the indoor pool and our plans for City Museum went out the door.  So we ordered some pizza and off to the pool we went.  It was FREEZING!!!!!  Of course I had to get in, Camden can't swim by himself and after about 30 minutes, he was purple and I couldn't stand it anymore.  He cried about getting out, but he loved it when I stuck him in the very warm bath. 

Sunday was Arch day.  It was beautiful, no clouds, windy and warm.  We got up there and it was very windy.  If you have ever been up, when it is windy, you can feel the Arch swaying with the wind.  Camden did NOT like this feeling at all and was ready to go down.  Now to get to the top, you ride in a little capsule that seats 5.  Camden was free so he was a lap rider, so there was 6 of us in the pod going up and down.  But great views.  Then we started the trek home, with a quick stop in JC, to drop of my sister, and then to KC.  Then this morning I waved goodbye to my mom and Camden as they headed to Wichita for the week so I can work.  Already miss the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment