Our Family

Our Family

Friday, December 3, 2010

Life

It seems, though it gets confusing, I keep the previous email that our agency sends out every week that states travels, referrals, etc. for our agency and compare it to the new email, but it seems that two new families got assigned regions over the last two weeks. We did not get an email Thanksgiving week as they were only open for 2 days that week. Hopefully that is the case and just moves us that much closer to our goal.

We had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving and I did my first ever Black Friday shopping! I was at Wal-Mart at midnight and then went to Old Navy and stood in line for an hour and half for a pair of jeans!!!! But they were $15 a pair and Randy and I desperately needed new jeans. As we save for our adoption we haven't really indulged ourselves in anything the past year, shoot I haven't had a haircut in almost a year and half, because I just think, I could put that $30 in our adoption fund!! Insane, I know.

Peanut Brittle sales are awesome, we are staying very busy and are on our second 30 lb. box of Spanish Raw Peanuts, so we have made about 140 bags of peanut brittle. We are taking orders up until Christmas!!

Blessing, we got an amazing donation in the mail the other day, blessings to the people who gave it to us, they know that they just made a major difference in our lives and our beautiful daughter's life.

Also, thank you to all who gave me recipe ideas. I ended up making Russian Tea Cakes, thanks Masha for the recipe, they were a great hit. I was going to try the tea, but couldn't figure out how to get it to the church and still be hot, we don't have a carafe or anything. Many compliments!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you found the recipes useful and they were a hit! :)

    Y'all get weekly update emails from your agency? JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! I don't get that kind of info on progress and feel like I am pestering just by asking sensible questions regarding confirmation of registration. Are you guys registered in a region yet? Did I miss which?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we get weekly updates, which can be good, or bad. Bad when NOTHING happens, of course. But I think I would like that better than having to constantly ask what is going on.

    We are not registered in a region yet. They way we were told, that we could be registered before hand, or get a referral from a region without officially being registered there. So who knows, frustrating to me. I want to know where we are going so I can research lodging etc before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise and Randy. As you go on this journey, remember that your AGENCY may not know where or when, YOU may not know where or when, but OUR GOD KNOWS exactly what's going on. None of this is catching GOD by surprise. It will all work out in HIS time (although not necessarily yours). HE knows the plans HE has for you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Plans for good and not evil. He said so in Jer. 29:11. Our prayers continue to be that you will experience GOD's nearness and presence as you walk the adoption road.
    Reine, your honorary mom.

    ReplyDelete