Our Family

Our Family

Friday, October 12, 2012

One year ago

Yes, we are finally to the point where we are making it to the Anniversaries of the past year.  We are quickly coming up to our 1 year anniversary of bringing Dasha home.  It has been a tough year, full of transitions and trials on everyone's parts, but it also has been a good year.  She fits in with us as if she was born here.

So, the first of our anniversaries.  I had dropped Camden off at school and came home to take a nap because I had a wicked sinus headache that wouldn't go away and the phone kept ringing!!!  Now if you are ever around me you know that my phone hardly EVER rings!  I am just not a phone person.  I don't like talking on the phone at all.  I perfer to just text, yes I know this makes me anti-social, I just am not much of a talker.

After the 3rd phone call I thought about turning my phone off but decided against it in case Camden's school needed to get a hold of me. Well I was just drifting off and the phone rang AGAIN! I was super annoyed and rolled over to see who it was, it was the Adoption Agency! I answered excitedly and it was what I expect. We got Dasha's referral! After 30 minutes on the phone, I was almost in tears, and I had this picture.


I quickly hung up with the agency and called Randy, and sent him all the info.  We had some questions but sent it off the the IA doc.  Two weeks later we accepted her referral officially!  That was the longest 2 weeks ever, we didn't tell anyone that we got a referral, so it was killing me!  Then the official whirlwind began.  More later as we celebrate more anniversaries.

I apologize for any typos, blogger is having issues with Spell check.

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable referral picture!!! That is so funny about you ignoring the phone. I am a compulsive phone answerer!!! I CAN NOT not answer a phone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette, my mom is the same way! I don't know how many times I call her and she quickly answers the phone and says,"I'll call you later!" and then hangs up. I tell her to just not answer, and she looks at me in horror, "I can't do that!"

      Delete
  2. I too hardly talk on the phone! LOL Glad to know that I'm in good company! Dasha's referral picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete