Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 25, 2011

84 Hour Work Weeks

Well this week starts the 84 hour work weeks for Randy.  You ask, how in the world?  Well he just accepted a full-time position at the hospital as an RN.  He was working PRN, but full-time positions are few and far between here in KC.  There are SOOO many nursing schools that the city is over saturated with nurses looking for full time positions.  We were very blessed that he got offered this position so soon after starting at the hospital he is at.  So every week he will work 2 24 hour shifts at the fire station, and also 3 12 hour shifts at the hospital.  The nice thing is though we still get him 2 full days out of the week.  I am sure he will be napping with Camden though on those days off.  Since he will be working so hard, I have been "trying" to help out as much as I can.  Heck, I even mowed the lawn twice in the last week!  Go me!  I HATE mowing.  Now I am not one of those girls who say they "can't" mow, I am actually pretty good at it, but I hate doing it.  It drives my allergies insane!

Hopefully if everything goes as planned, our adoption will be fully funded by December 31st, and we will be able to purchase a new(er) car by late summer next year.  Since we don't do debt, we will also be paying cash for our car.  Right now we have a Suburban and a truck, the suburban is great and we will be able to get all 5 of us in the car fine.  But if anything were to happen to it, we would be tough out of luck with the truck, since it only seats 3, so we desperately need to replace the truck.  We just pray it lasts 1 more year, it is a 1990 truck that leaks oil like a sieve!

We are also praying that Randy can get into the ICU by this time next year working weekend options, where you work every weekend, but only work 24 hours, but get paid for 36!  Then it would only be 4 days of work a week.  If you ever want to meet a more determined person, I would gladly introduce you to Randy, he is one of the hardest working people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment