Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Adoption Agreement

It looks as though the adoption agreement between Russia and the U.S. will be signed by January.

Click here to read article

I really hope they get it signed soon so that Chad and Sarah can get their court date like yesterday!!!!

As for us we just wait, I have said it before, I am not a patient person, and this waiting just kills me, I get so frustrated when we get emails from our agency stating that they know how anxious we are, but since they are dedicated to service and integrity, sometimes that slows the process down...to me that says, don't expect anything soon. I wonder if they have ever adopted a child internationally?? Probably not.

Sorry for Susie Downer, I just HATE waiting.

Also, sorry about not posting anything for awhile, there is just nothing adoption related to tell about.

2 comments:

  1. Just read up on some of the latest news on the adoption agreement. One Russian article said the talks would not be derailed because of the Russian boy who had been stabbed named Jackson Attuso. Not having heard about this, looked it up. Jackson had been biking on a trail with his mom and brother,also adopted from Russia. They got ahead of him on the trail, when a teen ambushed and stabbed him. The Russian omsbudsman said the parents could be considered for negligence because mom lost sight of him. One of the things the Russians want is the right to try parents of adopted Russian children in their courts, which would have been compounding a tradegy if they had been allowed to do this to this poor family who just lost a son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    Thanks for posting the link for the article. I hadn't heard an update recently.

    I have a weird question for you. Has anyone ever commented about not getting your blog to load on an iPad or iPod touch? For some reason I can not read your blog from my iPad since you changed to this beautiful background. I was just curious if it was just me or if others had the same technical difficulty.

    ReplyDelete