Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Garage Sale is DONE!!!!!!!!!

Can I just say WOW! It was insane. We have over 30 tables of items, plus furniture, and other items that could easily sit on the ground. So this is how it went. We got up Friday at 5 am to set up. The sale was suppose to start at 8, well people started showing up at 7:15. We did not price anything, because there was just too much stuff. How we did it was to gather what they wanted and to make us an offer, if it was reasonable, we accepted, if not we haggled a little. We finally got the last box out of the basement around 11ish. In the mean time Randy and I both had to leave to go get our fingerprints taken for our I-600A application. Let me tell you it was a very easy experience. Randy went first his appt. was at 9 so he told me what to expect. He was done by 9:10. My appt. was at 10. I can't speak for Randy's experience, but it was very calm. I showed up and had to park in the street, because only employees can park in the parking lot, crazy I know. Walk in without my cell phone, they are not allowed. Went through a metal detector and my purse through a scanner. Got directed to the correct window, and then had to fill out a form.

When it was my turn, I went in and went to the machine they directed, and waited while they inputed all my info, and then she proceeded to take my prints. They had a hard time, because I was informed by the lady, I wash my hands too much. I said I have a 2 year old almost, and I constantly have to wash my hands!!!! But she was able to get decent prints. They told Randy that he works too much with his hands!

I was in and out in less than 20 minutes, but then I had to stand in the parking lot for 15 minutes while the security guard flirted with me, when it was very obvious that I was married!!! So back home to the chaos I went.

We did amazing the first day, the second day started off really slow, and we still had so much stuff left, I was getting really anxious, so I decided to tell people that they can fill a Wal-Mart bag for $3. Anything they can fit in the bag to the top was $3. Well that was a hit, we got a ton of traffic after that. We only had a few people take advantage of that policy, they had their bag beyond full and were also holding things and refused to take another bag, and still wanted to pay $3. So I made them pay $4!!! Overall it was a huge success. The only downer was that the quilt auction did not do so well, so we will be putting a chip in widget on the blog for people to enter the raffle! Randy will have to figure that one out. Overall our sales for the 2 days of the garage sale were $1112.00. There are some items that were sold on craigslist and ebay, since we still have some things for sale, we don't have those totals yet, but will post A.S.A.P. Thanks for reading, and thanks for your support!

I still have enough garage sale items, to do another one in the fall! Don't know if I am crazy enough to do another one, but I probably will do it!


  1. that is awesome iam so glad for you guys ever little bit helps eh..i cant wait to see what you come up with next..huggs from canada..

  2. Great job! Every little bit helps! :)