Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 9, 2011

What a busy week!

First of all our home study is done!!!!  Yeah, we got it in the mail on Friday.  So we printed off all the other documents that we need for our dossier update and we marched off to the bank as soon as I got home from work on Friday.  Also we got Camden back on Friday.  He had spent a week with my mom so that I could work and Randy could get some stuff done around the house.  Mainly a fence, if we are bringing 2 kiddos home, I need a fence to corral them all!  So off to the bank we went.  The notary there knows us by name, but she gets so excited for us also!  On Monday, Randy and Camden will be loading in the car to drive to Topeka to get everything Apostilled and then copied, and finally to the Fed Ex office and mailed to our agency.  I know everything will not be in Russia by April 14th, but hey we did the best we could.  It will be in the hands of our agency by then. 

Camden and I finally got to the grocery store today which was a good thing, our refrigerator and pantry were getting a little empty, so nice to have some food again.  I just did not have the energy all week to go after work, I honestly don't know how working moms do it.  More power to you all!  I will feel much better when everything is in the mail on Monday, and I take a breath.  6 weeks is way too short to get that much stuff done, especially when you have to rely on other people.  I am just glad that stress is over.  Now all we have to do is resubmit our home study to the USCIS to modify our age range.  We are already approved for 2 children, but only up to the age of 2.  We have to raise it to the age of 3.  Thankfully the Government hasn't "shut down" yet, if they do, it is going to be bad.  No USCIS, and no passport and visa applications centers open.  Also I heard that US Embassy's will shut down also if there is a Government shutdown.  Praying that they get everything figured out ASAP!

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are on your way to this new submission! Praying as soon as it gets over there, that it won't be long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Glad to hear your paperwork is updated and on its way!

    ReplyDelete